Monday, November 5, 2012

Tuesday Transit Tunes

Every Monday evening, I will list out some of my favorite tunes (some new, some old) to help refuel your playlist for your Tuesday commute. Happy Listening!

  1. This is one of those songs where the same lyrics are repeated over and over for the entire three minute duration of the song. But, the random up and down pitches make it hard not to embarrass yourself by singing along. Tongue Tied - Grouplove
  2. You'll have a hard time convincing yourself that you aren't starring in your own 80s teen flick. Losing You - Solange
  3. This will have your cursing in front of your parents by mistake. One of those catchy songs where you don't even realize what you're saying until after you've said it! F**k U Betta - Neon Hitch
  4. I probably made out about 5 words in this entire song, but I walked away feeling like some great perspective was shared. Disparate Youth - Santogold
  5. Sometimes you just want to feel sad, gangster and like an alien all in five minutes. B***h, Don't Kill My Vibe - Kendrick Lamar
  6. The Vampire Diaries should really consider this song for whenever Damon and Elena finally have their first intentional kiss as vampires. Then, they can breakout into dance once the beat drops! Life - Summer Camp
  7. Besides my love for songs that have ad libs that you love more than the actual lyrics...who am I kidding, that's exactly why I love this song! Wasteland (Rac Remix) - Rubik
  8. Let's be honest, I could listen to someone British read the McDonald's menu and love it. This song is no different. My favorite part of this song is hearing the lead singer say "heart" and "apart." Let's Dance To Joy Division - The Wombats
  9. I always enjoy a good empowerment message that encourages growth and individuality. "Live your life, don't hide from who you are..." Live Your Life - Yuna

No comments:

Post a Comment